Starting tomorrow, Channel 3 News Today is giving you a chance to win some amazing prizes!
All you have to do is watch... And when we give you the "Secret word" -- you'll text it to us for a chance to win great prizes all valued at $500 or more! We're talking about jewelry, massages, spa and hair treatments, restaurant gift certificates, concerts and even a family trip to Kalahari! One prize a day for 9 days!
So be sure to watch and have your phone handy.
Best Day Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Best Day Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of Ohio who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WKYC TV, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Vosh Georgetown Restaurant, Massage Envy, Arra's Salon & Spa, Rivchun Jewelers, Charles Scott Salon and Spas, Kalahari Development LLC, LMN Development LLC and Kalahari Resorts LLC, Live Nation and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. Monday February 24, 2014 and end at 12:01 p.m. Thursday March 6, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
Text Message Entry: Watch Channel 3 News Today each weekday (Monday through Friday) between 4:30 a.m. (E.T.) to 7:00 a.m. (E.T.) for a daily key word to be announced during the broadcast. Send a text message to 25543 with that day's keyword in the body of the text message. You must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter via text message. Entrants will be sent a text message confirming entry. Entrants will be charged standard messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
All entries must be submitted by 12:01 p.m. E.T. each day of the Sweepstakes Period. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules . Entries received after 12:01 p.m. each day will not be carried over into the following day's drawing.
Maximum one (1) entry per person per day. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. During the period of Monday, February 24 2014, through Thursday, March 6, 2014, one winner will be selected each weekday, in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of 12:01 p.m. (E.T.) that same day that contain the correct daily key word. There will be a total of nine (9) daily winners.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. Each winner will receive one of the following prizes for the day the winner was selected:
February 24, 2014: A $500 gift card to Rivchun Jewelers, 850 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, 44144. Expires March 4, 2015. Card can either be picked up at store, or mailed to the winner. (ARV: $500)
February 26, 2014: A $500 gift card to Arra Hair Salon & Spa, 156 Bell St. Chagrin Falls, OH 44022 Expires February 14, 2015. Card will be mailed to winner. (ARV: $500)
March 5, 2014: A Best Day of My Life Day of Beauty and Pampering Package from Charles Scott Salon & Spa, 19025 Old Lake Rd. Rocky River, OH 44116. Includes Deep Cleansing Facial, one-hour massage, Sugar Body Scrub, Spa Manicure, Spa Pedicure, Hair Color & Haircut, Makeup Application, and Spa Cuisine. Expires six months from date of issue. Gift certificate to be mailed to winner. (ARV: $500)
February 25, 27 and March 3, 2014: Massage Envy – One annual membership for twelve (12) monthly one-hour massages and upgrade discounts at any of the Massage Envy locations below. Membership expires one year from day of redemption. Winner must pick up the prize at Sponsor's business office. (ARV: $708 per membership)
35825 Detroit Rd. Avon, OH 44011 (440) 937-0877 At City Centre of Avon – Next to Starbucks
27520 Chagrin Boulevard Beachwood, OH 44122 (216) 464-ENVY (3689) Located in Orange Plaza next to The Learning Center
2101 Richmond Road Beachwood, OH 44122 (216) 593-0140 In the La Place Shopping Center at the SEC of Richmond Road and Cedar Road near Sushi Rock
4470 Everhard Rd. Canton, OH 44718 (330) 526-0444 Located in the Belden Village Shopping Center on I77 and Everhard Road across from the Westfield Mall
3265 W. Market St. Fairlawn, OH 44333 (330) 867-ENVY (3689) Located in the Summit Mall on West Market Street (SR18 )
9666 Mentor Ave. Mentor, OH 44060 (440) 352-6666 Located 2.7 Miles East of Route 615 on Mentor Ave, Across the Street from Target
6 Southpark Center Strongsville, OH 44136 (440) 878-0500 At the Southpark Mall at Interstate 71 and Royalton Road next to the main entrance of the mall
30307 Detroit Road Westlake, OH 44145 (440) 808-8000 Located in the Promenade at Crocker Park shopping center at the corner of Crocker Road and Detroit Road next to Giant Eagle
February 28, 2014: Georgetown/Vosh Restaurants – A $500 gift certificate to either Georgetown Restaurant 18515 Detroit Rd. Lakewood OH 44107 or Vosh Lakewood 18515 Detroit Ave. Lakewood, OH 44107. Expires December 31, 2014. Alcohol, taxes, tips, or gratuities are not included and are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner must pick up the gift certification at Sponsor's business office. (ARV: $500)
March 6, 2014: Three (3) pairs of tickets to any Live Nation-produced Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield concert within calendar year 2014, located at 10777 Northfield Rd. Northfield, OH 44067, concert in 2014 (ARV: $80 per ticket) and a $100 voucher for food at the Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield. (ARV: $100). Winner and his/her guests must redeem the tickets for the same performances (Total package ARV: $580)
March 4, 2014: Kalahari – A vacation package at the Kalahari Resort and Conference Center, 7000 Kalahari Drive, Sandusky, Ohio 44870 consisting of one (1) overnight accommodation for the Winner and up to three (3) of his or her guests (single room, occupancy for up to four (4) persons) and 4 Water Park passes($250), Breakfast for 4 in Great Karoo (ARV $55) and one 14" pizza and four (4) fountain sodas(ARV $55), extreme pass for arcade (ARV $52) and 50 min, Swedish massage at Spa Kalahari (ARV $95). (Total package ARV: $507.00). Package is valid through December 30, 2014.
Kalahari Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability at the Kalahari Resort. The Winner is solely responsible for making travel arrangements directly with Kalahari Resort. Advanced reservations required. Grand Prize Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to win. Guests of Grand Prize Winners under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Certain restrictions and black-out periods shall apply to the Kalahari Vacation Package, which restrictions shall be determined by Kalahari Resort in its sole and absolute discretion. Each winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The Kalahari Vacation Package does not include the following: transportation, baggage fees, travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, or other miscellaneous charges and items not otherwise described above. The Kalahari Vacation Package (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set for the above or refunded, and are not redeemable for cash.
Persons travelling with the winner may be required to complete a travel release.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners of each respective drawing will be notified on or about the date of the drawing at the telephone number used for entry. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach Winner by phone after three (3) attempts or return of email as undeliverable may result in disqualification of Winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. To claim any prize, each Winner must contact Sponsor no later than March 31, 2014 and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor in order for Sponsor to authorize the release of the prize. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit of release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Delivery of the prize will be arranged following Sponsor's receipt of the fully executed affidavit of release. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes Winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the wireless phone from which the entry is sent and all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which the entry is sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for operation of any vendor, including Kalahari Resort or Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield including schedule changes, closures, postponements or cancellations.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Best Day Sweepstakes is sponsored by WKYC-TV, Inc. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For the name of Winners (available after March 31, 2014 or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winner /Official Rules" (as applicable), Best Day Sweepstakes, WKYC, Attn.: Mac Mahaffee, to 1333 Lakeside Ave.. Cleveland, OH 44114. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Mac Mahaffee at 216-344-3364, or at email@example.com.