SAGAMORE HILLS -- The fire department responded to a fire at 7910 Spring Ledge Thursday afternoon.

Per fire officials on the scene, a girl came home from school and opened the front door and smoke came out.

She immediately went next door and neighbors called 911.

Preliminary reports say the fire started in the basement. Officials tell Channel 3 that four family pets died in the fire.

The Red Cross was called in to help the family.

No injuries to people were reported.

Read or Share this story: