Unattended cooking may have caused blaze that killed a 39-year-old man


LORAIN -- One man is dead after an overnight house fire on Kentucky Ave.

The victim has been identified as 39-year-old Lonnie Mullet.

Firefighters responded to reports of smoke coming from a rear kitchen window shortly before 3:30 a.m. on Sunday.

A search and rescue team located the victim, who was unresponsive, in a small room off of the living room.

CPR was administered until the victim was tranported by EMS to Mercy Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

According to a spokeman for Lorain Fire, the blaze appears to have been started by unattended cooking. The fire spread from the kitchen up to the second floor of the duplex through the wall.

An investigation is ongoing.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wkyc.com/1iq70lH