The man had reportedly placed a space heater in the bathroom he was painting


YOUNGSTOWN -- The death of a 49-year-old man is under investigation after authorities say he became engulfed in flames.

It's reported that Jon Blystone of Youngstown was painting a bathroom in Green Acres Lake Park in Portage County during the Wednesday afternoon incident.

Blyston had placed a space heater inside for warmth as he worked. Authorities say he was observed exiting the bathroom when he became engulfed in flames.

He was taken to Akron Children's Hospital where he later died at 4:26 a.m. Thursday.

An autopsy will be conducted.

Read or Share this story: