The traffic will be a factor starting well before the first pitch and the kick-offs
CLEVELAND -- Coming downtown on Saturday? With three games in three different stadiums all starting the festivities in the late afternoon, the traffic will be a factor starting well before the first pitch and the kick-offs.
The city says there will be no parking on East Ninth Street, Ontario Street and at marked areas on Lakeside Avenue and Prospect Road. The restrictions will be posted in advance.
Cleveland police urge fans to arrive early, to use public transportation if possible, and to use city parking garages.
If you don't obey the signs and park there anyway, know that you can retrieve your impounded vehicle at the One Stop Impound Lot at 3040 Quigley Road between 10 a.m. and midnight...for a fee.
First, where can you park in the Gateway District for Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field?
GATEWAY PARKING: Where to park for Progressive Field and The Q
MORE GATEWAY PARKING/PRICES: Where to park and what it will cost
Where can you park close to FirstEnergy Stadium?
- North Port Authority Lot - located north of the stadium with access via West 3rd Street
- West Third Street Lot - located directly west of the stadium with access via West 3rd Street
- Dock 20 Lot - located west of West 3rd Street lot with access via West 9th Street
- Dock 32 Lot - located northeast of the stadium with access from Erieside Avenue
- Parking at the Great Lakes Science Center lot is restricted to passholders on gamedays
- Cleveland Municipal Parking Lot: Located across the Shoreway from FirstEnergy Stadium on S. Marginal Road, this lot is tailgating central before Browns games. There are 2,000 spaces, portable restrooms, and parking is $20. This lot opens at 7 a.m. game days.
More Affordable Parking Options?
Parking gets cheaper as you move down towards The Flats and Public Square. One such option is the Canal Basin lot at 1519 Merwin Avenue in the Flats, with 228 spaces
Other Parking Lots
Willard Park Lot - 601 Lakeside Avenue; 1,500 spaces
Take RTA to FirstEnergy Stadium
The West Third Station on RTA's Waterfront Line is just steps away from FirstEnergy Stadium. Access this line from Public Square or connect from both sides of the city by transferring from the red, green, or blue lines. All day passes are $5 for adults and $2.50 for seniors (65 and older) and children 6-12. Children under age 6 ride free. Extra trains begin running two hours prior to the game and continue after the game as long as needed.
CHECK OUT RTA: Take RTA into and around downtown Cleveland